Monday, January 25, 2010

Life is Grand...


I've been pondering for a while on Life and all its complexities. Yes I grunt and complain about my misgivings, but if given the opportunity to live a different life...well I wouldn't budge. Not for the life of me would I change the experiences, pains and joys I've gone through. They have become uniquely my own. I say this all because there are times (I'm sure most people feel this way) when I wonder if I'm making some small difference in this world whether by my presence, words or encouragement. However, I don't realize that I waste precious energy and time questioning such things.

Is it not enough to make up with air in my lungs? Is it not enough to have a good education? To have warm food and clothes? To have a loving family and dear friends to call your own?


Somehow over the past weeks here at Northwestern, I've forgotten how much I should be thankful and appreciative about the life I lead. It's easy to get caught up in the effects of stress. But, if I've acquired any philosophical principle is that I never want to live a life of regret.


I've seen people who live their entire lives searching for some ghost of a memory that leaves them at the end of the day, less happy.


One of my favorite books is Tuesdays with Morrie. I remember picking it up when I was younger and immediately falling in love. It taught me to appreciate every second life gives me. It might sound morbid, but you just never know when you'll be here on earth. I want to be those individuals who see, taste, smell and touch everything life brings to their doorstep.


SO if you paint...PAINT PASSIONATELY. If you laugh...LAUGH HARDER. If you sing...SING TO THE CLOUDS ABOVE. And keep living living living.

~ 1 comments: ~

JKT says:
at: January 26, 2010 at 10:11 PM said...

You absolutely make a difference!

~ Post a Comment ~

+

Blogger templates

Linkie ♥

Details

Template Hits

Welcome!

Powered by Blogger.

Chicago

Chicago

Popular Posts

About Me

My Photo
Jennifer Luna is a Medill graduate journalism student at Northwestern University. She is currently the alternative medicine reporter for the Medill News Service Chicago. Here you'll find samples of her professional work, as well as more casual pieces

Followers

Blogroll

About