Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Life isn't easy...


Never expect life to be easy! If it was we'd all be unchanged and unmotivated--completely static-- to be anything but what we already are.

I'm a big believer on always improving one's self without losing the touch of reality and sense of "present". What I mean is that with everything there's a balance. You can't live in the moment expecting it to last forever. Maybe you'll invent a time machine or get a 3 wishes from a genie to go back to those moments of bliss. But for now, time leaves no one behind.

However, always looking for some magic eraser to take away our flaws without accepting them as definitions of who we are is like seeking some elusive mirage in the desert. It's easy get caught on trying to put out better copies of ourselves, but we forget that quality is far better than quantity.

That's the kind of motto I want to base my life on...

I want to wake up each morning with the zest of life ringing in my ears and heart. To know that no matter the fastballs life throws at me, I'll continue to cherish each and every day.


Slowly the fragments of the girl I use to know are coming back. The girl who was quiet and observant, gazed at stars and the moon, involved in her friends' every day lives, said a prayer before bed, made meals without a recipe, had laugh attacks on occasions, enjoyed the sweet harmony of words and pages, read a book a day, called her parents two times a day. A girl who loved life.

Yes that girl is coming back, blossoming again. And I have the patience of God and life lessons to thank.

~ 0 comments: ~

~ Post a Comment ~

+

Blogger templates

Linkie ♥

Details

Template Hits

Welcome!

Powered by Blogger.

Chicago

Chicago

Popular Posts

About Me

My Photo
Jennifer Luna is a Medill graduate journalism student at Northwestern University. She is currently the alternative medicine reporter for the Medill News Service Chicago. Here you'll find samples of her professional work, as well as more casual pieces

Followers

Blogroll

About