Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A semi-sweet return


You don't understand what it means to type this blog. Has a year gone by? No? It feels like it. I feel speechless. It's as if words have compiled within me and now that I can usher them out...I find myself flabbergasted--unable to pour out everything I've wanted to say and write.

If you were to ask me how this quarter is going, I would have to say, "Let me think about it."

Because I have no idea how I truly feel about this quarter. I loved second quarter because for once I felt like a reporter--gaining experience--unlike this quarter where once again I am Jennifer, the student.

Don't get me wrong, I love to learn. But, there comes a point where you don't want to just read about it in the books. You want to get your hands dirty.


I've been so frustrated recently. Almost bent out of shape and unwilling to see the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow (yes it's my analogy). I use to enjoy life with gusto, but now I feel like I'm just surviving.

Whatever happen to the girl who just wanted to write? I don't know where she went. All I know is that she's still there...right at the surface hoping for her chance. I can tell because my fingers itch for words. I'm like the weary traveler thirsting for a glass of water. I crave the tension between my brows as I try to come up with another scene in my book or the sense of accomplishment when I've posted another post on my blog. To write, what a life worth living.


I need to get back to who I am. I am a girl. A writer. A living, breathing wonder.

~ 0 comments: ~

~ Post a Comment ~

+

Blogger templates

Linkie ♥

Details

Template Hits

Welcome!

Powered by Blogger.

Chicago

Chicago

Popular Posts

About Me

My Photo
Jennifer Luna is a Medill graduate journalism student at Northwestern University. She is currently the alternative medicine reporter for the Medill News Service Chicago. Here you'll find samples of her professional work, as well as more casual pieces

Followers

Blogroll

About