Thursday, February 11, 2010

Beat Beat Beat some more...


So we got our beats...^drum roll^ Environment. Of course I wanted another beat, but this was my second choice, and for the most part I am happy. There should be plenty of good stories here in Evanston and Wilmette.


All this journalism stuff (wow my vocabulary has shrunk since last February) has really rocked and shocked my shyness off its limits. I never knew I could approach random people for interviews, comments, etc. While frightening as it is, my poor nerves have definitely improved. But, I wouldn't say I'm the next social butterfly to grace Evanston. HA! The moment I said social butterfly, I just started rolling with the LOLs.


I really think I lucked out on the friends department. Everyone in my methods class is amazing. No I'm not exaggerating. And no I'm not being typical positive Jenn. They really are. I swear everyone in that class is hilarious. They all march to the beat of their own drum. I love that about them.


Everyone in my methods class is genuinely good people. Of course they're not perfect, heck no one is. We all have our glitches, moods, etc. Honestly, sometimes those small things add dimension to us. But, no really they surprise (good surprise) me every time. Take for example Brianna or who I endearingly call her Miss Sunshine. On that day that Jordan and I had a pull-your-hair-off day, we randomly caught up with Brianna and Kelsey. Of course I never bring gloves, especially when it's freezing outside. Intelligence just flows from me. Well anyway, she noticed my non-glove (is that a word?) hands and gave me hers. Just like that. I already had her on my top list of amazing people. But, I was deeply touched by her thoughtfulness. That is not even a sufficient word for her act of kindness. There are many other people who have made me feel warm and welcome. And I deeply appreciate that.


It's moments, even if just seconds, that really reinforces the view that most people are essentially good. Many would call me idealist, naive or just plain stupid. But I'm sorry, I'm those kinds of people that believe the glass half full. I just believe that if I lose faith in people than there really is no hope for the world. And everything I've done or wanted to do is to make some change in this world. So again, call me an idealist or a peace-loving-hillbilly, but you know what...so what! I am a tree-hugging-love-everybody kind of girl. And I'm ok with that.

~ 0 comments: ~

~ Post a Comment ~

+

Blogger templates

Linkie ♥

Details

Template Hits

Welcome!

Powered by Blogger.

Chicago

Chicago

Popular Posts

About Me

My Photo
Jennifer Luna is a Medill graduate journalism student at Northwestern University. She is currently the alternative medicine reporter for the Medill News Service Chicago. Here you'll find samples of her professional work, as well as more casual pieces

Followers

Blogroll

About