Friday, February 12, 2010

What is emotion?


Have you ever wondered what is emotion? It's a feeling...happy, sad, etc. But, why do we experience them? What are their purpose in our lives?


The answer is....I don't know.


I use to think that it was something fundamental in our every day lives. In fact, I believed so about 2 hrs ago.


Have you ever had one of those rushes? You know one of those that you get as you get out of bed ready to take on whatever life throws your way. That's exactly what I felt when I got dressed, brushed my teeth and headed off to 7 eleven for some soda shopping. I was so jolly, I even decided to get into this happy-go-lucky valentine's mood. I did so by heading to CVS where I bought lollipop bouquets for everyone. Let's just say that I was CVS favorite morning customer today.


The mood continued the whole day. I mean I was calm and confident (as confident as I'll ever be capable)--I had the world at my finger tips...or at least my mind thought so. Nothing could go wrong. Everything was fitting into place like that perfect piece of the puzzle you've been trying to finish for 2 weeks now.


The thing with rushes is that your feet must touch ground. And usually when you touch ground you end with a THUMP.


I think the moment where it went all downhill was after my haircut. It's silly to say that the haircut was the cause or any other illogical reason. No this stems from within me. But, if you'd ask me what was going on, I'd be flabbergasted. Completely and utterly useless in trying to give you some resemblance of a decent answer.


My room suffocated me when I got back. Like 4 cell walls caving in. No grip to stay afloat. Just endless nothingness that seems pointless at best. So in my attempt to get some air, I went to see Up in the air.

Maybe I should have gone for something easy on the mind and soul. But, I've never shied away from soul-searching moments in my life. Plus, I don't think me watching some random comical film will vanish the thoughts or feelings in my head.


All I want to do is rest. Not think, feel or do anything. To lie there in my bed with my shallow pillow and slowly drift to some world where everything is so simply. No complexions...no tangles...or webs.


What is an emotion? I have no utter clue. All I know is that I wish I was done with that whole business.


Here's a toast to another wasted blog space about a girl that whines about how her life is so bad when there is millions who would gladly take her spot.

~ 0 comments: ~

~ Post a Comment ~

+

Blogger templates

Linkie ♥

Details

Template Hits

Welcome!

Powered by Blogger.

Chicago

Chicago

Popular Posts

About Me

My Photo
Jennifer Luna is a Medill graduate journalism student at Northwestern University. She is currently the alternative medicine reporter for the Medill News Service Chicago. Here you'll find samples of her professional work, as well as more casual pieces

Followers

Blogroll

About